1. How We Collect and Use Information.
We care about the privacy of our Users. You understand that by using the LIFT Site you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information as necessary to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the LIFT Site. We collect the following types of information about you:
- Information you provide us directly: For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the LIFT Site, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect includes your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and any other information you choose to provide. We may use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the LIFT Site, as well as in the marketing and promotion of the LIFT Site.
- Analytics information: We do not collect information through automatic data collection technologies.
When you visit the LIFT Site, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the LIFT Site (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the LIFT Site), and allow us or our business partners to track your usage of the LIFT Site over time. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the LIFT Site may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log file information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access the LIFT Site. When you use our LIFT Site, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the LIFT Site, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- Clear gifs/web beacons information: When you use the LIFT Site, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our customers. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the LIFT Site.
- Device identifiers: When you access the LIFT Site by or through a mobile device (including but not limited to smartphones or tablets), we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier (“UUID”). Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by LIFT. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the LIFT Site. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device, to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the LIFT Site. Some features of the LIFT Site may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Location data: When you access the LIFT Site by or through a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the LIFT Site. Some features of the LIFT Site, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
- Commercial and marketing communications: We use the information we collect or receive to communicate directly with you. We may send you emails containing newsletters, promotions and special offers. We may also use your information to send you LIFT Site-related emails (e.g., email or account verification or changes/updates to features of the LIFT Site, technical and security notices). If you do not want to receive such email messages, you will be given the option to unsubscribe, or change your preferences.
2. Sharing of Your Information
We will not share, rent or sell your information to third parties outside LIFT and its group companies (including any parent, subsidiaries and affiliates) without your consent, except as noted below:
- What happens in the event of a change of control: We may buy or sell/divest/transfer LIFT, or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Your information related to the LIFT Site may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of LIFT.
- Sharing certain service type information we collect about you: We may share certain service type information, including information obtained through tools such as cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with our third-party business partners (i) for the purposes described in the section above on “How We Collect and Use Information,” and (ii) for targeted advertising purposes. By visiting our site, such third parties (such as AdRoll) may place cookies on your browser for such targeted advertising on other sites based on your online activity. We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
- Children’s Privacy: Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important to LIFT. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect or maintain information on the LIFT Site from persons under 13 years of age, and the LIFT Site is not directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not use or access the LIFT Site at any time or in any manner. If LIFT learns that personal information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the LIFT Site then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
- California Privacy Rights: Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of personal information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. If you would like to make a request for such information, please contact us at email@example.com. Please allow 30 days for a response.
- International Users: The LIFT Site is hosted in the United States. If you access the LIFT Site from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from the laws of the United States, please be advised that through your continued use of the LIFT Site, you are transferring your personal information to the United States. If you have any questions regarding our processing of such information or would like to make a request to delete such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org noting “Privacy” in the subject line.
3. How We Store and Protect Your Information
- Your information collected through the LIFT Site may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which LIFT or its subsidiaries maintain facilities. LIFT may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or European Economic Area, please note that we will not transfer information, including personal data, to a country outside of the European Union or European Economic Area without your consent.
- Keeping your information safe: LIFT cares about the security of your information, and uses commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the LIFT Site. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account or accounts. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from LIFT, at all times.
- Compromise of information: In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, LIFT will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
4. Your Choices About Your Information
- You control your account information and settings: You may update your account information and email-communication preferences at any time by logging into your account and changing your profile settings. You may also stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. If you have any questions about reviewing, restricting, or modifying your account information, you may contact us directly at email@example.com.
- Opting out of collection of your information for Tracking / Advertising: Please refer to your mobile device or browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. Depending on your type of device, it may not be possible to delete or disable tracking mechanisms on your mobile device. Note that disabling cookies and/or other tracking tools prevents LIFT or its business partners from tracking your browser’s activities in relation to the LIFT Site, and for use in targeted advertising activities by third parties. However, doing so may disable many of the features available through the LIFT Site. If you have any questions about opting out of the collection of cookies and other tracking/recording tools, you may contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How long we keep your User Content: Following termination or deactivation of your account, if any, LIFT may retain your registration information and other content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes.
Links to Other Websites and LIFT Site
How to Contact Us